Monday 29 November 2010

Review on Face Atelier Foundation

Hi everyone I recently added a post on here regarding reviewing the Face Atilier foundation. Well I decided to try it out on a day when I was at work so I could really put this to the test.

 First of all it went on like a dream I actually started to apply the foundation with a Sigma brush but it seemed to like being applied with the fingers. Now one of the beauties of this foundation is that you don't need to apply a primer to the face before application of the foundation as it has silicones built into it, and it went on like a dream, and you only need the tiniest of amounts.

 Now you're all probably thinking what was the coverage like. Well as most of you know I have a small amount of freckles and on first application it covered them but they were still a little noticable so I applied a thin layer of second coat and this did the trick no probelm. After applying the foundation I wondered if I should apply some powder. Well I actually decided that I should as I thought I looked a little to dewy/ shiny. So I applied a thin coat of translucent powder. And applied the rest of my make up.

 Did it last the day? Well the answer is yes and no although I must admit It felt very light on the skin and not cakey at all. I did go a tad shiny and it did feel at times as if when I touched my face it would come off, although I have to say that when I got home and looked in the mirror I did still look fresh, I think because it feels so light your thinking it's come off when in fact it hasn't.

 I was sent three samples to try Sepia Honey and Tan. I think tan would suit me in the summer when I've been on holiday but I used the Honey to try out as it was closest to my own skin tone.

 Over all I would say that it did stay the test of time all day but at £32.00 would I purchase a bottle? Yes I would, but I think IDE wait till the summer as I like the light weight feeling on the skin. I also think if you have oily skin then I might think twice because of the built in silicones might make you look a little shiny. You get 30ml bottle for £32.00 and can be ordered via www. cultbeauty.co.uk or www.cocobeau.co.uk.

 Thanks for Reading
 Amanda xoxo

No comments: